When it comes to collaborations, no one does it better than artists on our Anniversary edition line up. How many ‘collabos’ you ask? Well, see for yourself.
- Muthoni Drummer Queen and Khaligraph Jones have done a collabo together on the song ‘Turn On The Lights’ that also features M.I Abaga from Nigeria. It was released on the 17th of September 2015. The heavy hitting track is an energetic, bouncy with a drum heavy chorus.
2. Fena Gitu, Kagwe Mungai, Mayonde and Muthoni The Drummer Queen have also done a collaboration on their latest hit song ‘Kama Kawaida’ which was released in January and has already taken Nairobi by storm. This banger tune is a combination of RnB and HipHop giving a feel good vibe.
3. When Phy won Maisha Superstar, she quickly went into studio under the mentorship of Tim Rimbui and released her first single ‘Ruka’ ft Khaligraph Jones. The track showcased Phy as an artist who had original style as well as versatility in delivery.
4. The talented ‘Isikuti Love’ singer Mayonde released the audio to her much anticipated song ‘Nairobi’ featuring upcoming rapper Stonee Jiwe. ‘Nairobi’ is a tribute to the capital city and what makes it unique to anywhere else in the world.. can you count the number of neighborhoods mentioned in the song?
5. And Finally , The fenamenal woman Fena Gitu. She teamed with friend,talented singer, songwriter and producer Kagwe Mungai and featured Toshi on ‘Dutch’ . The track which fuses Kapuka with house elements is answer the age old question, Who should pay the bill at a date? Really, who should? You be the judge…
Which of this collaborations is your favorite? Whichever it is you don’t have to choose because the gang will be live at our Anniversary Edition this Friday at Privee in Westlands.